Monday, January 24, 2011

January

It's been a pretty good month so far.  Boards are over HALLELUJAH!!!  I went and visited my husband at school the other day and that is what all the students in his class were talking about.  It's nice to get them over with so we don't have to stress about them the rest of the semester.  Now it's the waiting game to see how well he did...and I'm sure he did fine.

Visiting our daddy at school is probably one of our favorite things to do.  It lets us be a part of his world that we normally aren't a part of.  It's fun to see him in that setting and see what and who is in his life besides us.  I'm so proud of him and always so happy to be by his side when we go there.

The other nice thing about having a husband as a dental student is the free cleanings.  He brought home is perio kit and cleaned my teeth this weekend.  It was fun for him to get used to his tools and practice and it's a bonus for me to get my teeth cleaned...win win situation.

Hope you are all having a fabulous January...here's to another few months and then it's summer time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel!

    I haven't checked this blog for a while, so congratulations to you! Boards are done and you've got a baby on the way! Do you know the gender yet? I've been wanting to come visit you since I've been in Richmond but if we ever go up there we end up spending our time with my brother and his family. I'd like to make a day trip to see you sometime, but you'll have to let me know how you're feeling with the baby on board. I know a number of dental wives who have babies during the experience and I'm not sure how they manage (I'll have to ask them).

    VCUs semesters are getting busier and busier for my husband. I'm glad you and other wives prepared me for how busy life would be for him, because I anticipated the worst and it hasn't been that bad. My husband is thinking about taking the boards between his 1st and 2nd year just to get them out of the way. But I've heard that the year after that the scores will be only be pass/fail, which is enticing. We'll see.

    Anyway, keep up the good work! Let me know if there is a good time to visit.

    ReplyDelete